The public is invited to join MPO staff as they walk, run, and bike the 100+ miles of paved trails and sidepaths in the Metro Area with the goal of raising $10,000 for our local food banks (CommUnity Food Bank in Iowa City, the Coralville Community Food Pantry, and North Liberty Community Food Pantry). Online donations will be directed through the Community Foundation of Johnson County DONATE HERE. (link: https://cfjc.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create?funit_id=2185)
Our motivation is threefold:
- Raise funds for food assistance that is critically needed this year;
- Encourage people to engage in safe, outdoor activities that will be good for their physical, mental, and emotional health; and
- Promote the remarkable system of trails that our communities have built and that reach every neighborhood in the metro.
- Follow us on (Facebook/Instagram) for photos, videos, and links to maps that will show you the trails and routes throughout the metro. https://www.facebook.com/events/702462903746227/ or @mpo_jc.
- Donate to our fund through the Community Foundation of Johnson County; all proceeds will be distributed to the three area food pantries. Donation link: https://cfjc.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create?funit_id=2185
- Join us in this challenge by riding, walking, or jogging metro trails;
- Post your photos of your favorite area trails (or trails that you have decided to try because of the challenge) with #Trails2Table.
- Encourage your friends to get out on the trails and participate as well.
Walking, Running and Bicycling Route Maps
December 1, 2020 - Clear Creek Trail (Coralville, Iowa) - Click the map to view a larger PDF.