The Metro Area Bicycle Master Plan will consider bicycling infrastructure, policies, and programs in the communities of Coralville, North Liberty, Tiffin, and University Heights as well as portions of unincorporated Johnson County. The vision for the plan is to make bicycling safer, easier, and more convenient for residents of all ages and abilities. The new plan will coordinate with the Iowa City Bicycle Master Plan (adopted in 2017) and the Bikeway Plan for the University of Iowa.
All residents of Johnson County are welcome to take the survey. Whether you bike year round or only occasionally, we want to hear from you. Please take a few minutes to share your input with us.
Planning Process and Timeline
- November to December 2018: Online public survey and data collection
- February 2019: Public workshops in North Liberty and Coralville
- February 2019 to March 2019: Preparation of draft plan
- April 2019 - May 2019: Public open house and review of draft plan
- June 2019: Public comment period
- July 2019: Adoption of final plan
Anyone who lives, works, attends school or conducts business in Johnson County is invited to attend one of two workshops in early February. Members of the public who attend a workshop will be provided the opportunity to comment on bicycle infrastructure, policies, and programs.
- North Liberty Community Center: Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Coralville Public Library: Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend a meeting, please email your feedback to Sarah Walz.